The closed-looped cooling tower is one of the methods of heat transfers. They are hybrids that pass the working fluid through a tube bundle, upon which clean water is sprayed and a fan-induced draft applied. The resulting heat transfer performance is much closer to that of a wet cooling tower, with the advantage provided by a dry cooler of protecting the working fluid from environmental exposure and contamination.
Difference between Closed Loop Cooling Towers and Other Cooling Towers:
Closed Loop Cooling Tower operates in a manner similar to conventional cooling towers, except that the heat load to be rejected is transferred from the process fluid to water and ambient air directly through a heat exchange coil. The coil serves to isolate the process fluid from the outside environment, keeping it clean and contamination-free in a closed-loop, thus creating two separate circuits
closed loop cooling tower sequence of operation:
- Cooling System using the Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower is far simpler when compared with the conventional system.
- The Primary circuit is identical to the conventional system whereas the cooling tower, secondary pumps, plate heat exchangers and piping and valves of the conventional Secondary Circuit are replaced with a closed loop cooling tower.
- Thermax Closed Loop Cooling Tower has a built-in heat exchanger that replaces the Plate Heat Exchanger and a built-in spray pump replaces the bulky secondary pumps and interconnecting piping. All this is packaged in a box.
- The process fluid is circulated through the coil of the closed-loop cooling tower.
- The heat from the process fluid is dissipated through the coil tubes.
Part of the heat is removed directly by the downward natural induced air and discharged to the atmosphere.
- The rest of the heat is rejected to the water cascading down over the tubes. Simultaneously, the air is drawn in through the air inlet louvers at the base of the condenser and travels through the drift eliminator and heat exchange fills in the same direction of the water flow.
- A small portion of the water is evaporated which removes the heat. The warm moist air is drawn sidewise by the fan and is discharged to the atmosphere.
- The remaining water is collected in the sump at the bottom of the condenser. The spray pump recirculates the water into the distribution system, forming a fine spray which then cascades over the coil.
- Closed Loop Cooling Tower offers unmatched flexibility, providing optimized selections based on footprint, horsepower, pressure drop, and price. Utilizing advanced Coil Technology, Thermax provides the most energy-efficient fluid cooler in the market.
- Wide Range Of Thermal Duties —ideal for applications requiring close approaches and/or a large range.
- Retro Fit & Replacement—Single air inlet models are designed and fit into the existing system.
- Selection Customization —Can optimize the pressure drop, footprint, and power requirements to suit project requirements, large product range & customized Material of Construction like FRP/GI/SS based on application
- Largest sales and support network globally